This position reports to: Lead / Senior Developer
Main Purpose: The purpose of this position is to develop new software applications and update and modify existing applications. The Application Developer processes users’ needs to customize to software to computer, programs, and designs prototype application. Implements and tests source code and troubleshoots software applications.
- Establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with clients
- Breaking down program specification into simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language
- Working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a project to write specific section of the program
- Engaging work clients within the company daily to get a broader understanding of inner working of the company and how the programs can assist in achieving broader efficiencies and meeting customer needs
- Combining all elements of the program design and testing it
- Testing sample data-sets to check that the output from the program works as intended
- Conducting testing and installing the program into production
- Reacting the problems and correcting the program as necessary
- Evaluating and increasing the program’s effectiveness
- Conducting user acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately
- Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications
- Providing systems training to staff
- Detail orientated
Should you be interested, please submit your application via email on Jobs@cbi-electric.com on or before 30 March 2021.
"Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date, please take it that your application has not been successful".