This position reports to: Financial Director
Main Purpose of the Job:
To participate and co-ordinate the identification of financial statement/process/account assertions, risks, identification of control objectives, mitigating controls, ensuring the proper completion/updating of RACMs, including IFRCs, Key Controls, Standard Controls and Operating Controls.
- To co-ordinate the configuration and population of the CSA Tool
- To provide the first line of support for the CSA Tool – populating controls, updating Tool, designing reports, linking control tool to risks etc.
- To train new users on the CSA Tool
- To co-ordinate the control self-assessment process, timing, and reports in their areas of defined responsibility – segment, BU, etc.
- To attend regular IFRC Controls Champions meetings to report on progress on CSA results, CSA testing, controls implementation, issues arising, areas requiring improvement, and assess remediation plans
- To report on controls to the Segment CFO and BU CFO/FD’s
- To interact with risk champions and co-ordinate activities impacting risks and controls
- To monitor and co-ordinate internal financial control and IT General control remediation programme for the segment
- To monitor control activities, improvements and prepare reports to the various governing/oversight bodies
- To interact with internal audit on testing strategies of controls and results of their Internal Audits
- To participate in and support the development of control related policies and procedures
- To co-ordinate the ELC/FRA (COSO related Entity Level Controls – including fraud risk assessments) testing strategies and results
- To consider the impact of unwarranted reliance from ITGCs and IT dependent controls and to liaise with both IT and Finance community to ensure controls are properly designed and implemented
- To improve the overall efficiency of the internal controls, including the automation of manual controls, where possible
- To translate current best practices around internal controls and incorporate into the BU internal control environment
- To understand and be aware of changes in the regulatory and compliance environment
- To participate in identifying compensating controls, where appropriate
- To generally promote a strong internal control environment
- Participate in the bi-annual risk meetings and provide inputs to the meeting on the current major risks and way to mitigate those.
- Relevant BComm Honours Degree, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or newly qualified CA(SA) (preferable)
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience (If not newly qualified CA)
- Deadline Orientated
- Passion for internal controls and improving the internal control environment
- Analytical Thinking
- Results Driven
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Verbal and written Communication skills
- Planning and Organisation
- Consulting Skills
- Process Orientation
Should you be interested, please submit your application to Chantal Gordon (011 928 2383) or via email on Jobs@cbi-electric.com on or before 06 July 2021.
"Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date, please take it that your application has not been successful"