INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING X2
This position reports to: Senior Manager.
- Authorised to co-ordinate and initiate the tasks required to implement a New Product from Design to Production Stages.
- Authorised to undertake investigations into utilisations of the Company’s resources, men, materials and machinery.
- Assist in the Product from Design through to the Production Stage within the framework of the launch date supplied.
- Initiate the purchasing of Justified Equipment for all Projects.
- Attend manufacturability meetings on all New Products, involving Design Team, Tool Design and Production to assess to best manufacturing method.
- Form part of the Automation Selection Team – If applicable
- Set up initial Production Areas and train Manufacturing and Assembly personnel.
- Assist in Company Wide Projects, when required, i.e., Product Marking, Packaging etc.
- Keep up to date with modern technology.
- Guiding the Product from Design through to the Production Stage within the framework of the launch date supplied.
- New product development support
- Technical support for manufacturing departments
- Investigating and implementing automation projects
- Maintaining manufacturing capability
- Investigating latest manufacturing technology trends
- Investigating and implementing CAPEX projects
- Improve manufacturing machine utilisations
- Set up initial production areas and train manufacturing and assembly personnel
- Write and maintain assembly instructions and GQl's for new and existing products
- Assist with identifying risks and how to measure effectiveness of mitigations
- Assist in companywide projects when required
- Keep up to date with modern technology
- Regularly liaise with manager, production foremen regarding reject rates, jig maintenance and improvisations, optimising assembly etc.
- Liaise with suppliers as regards level of quality of components supplied to Lesotho operations
- Investigate technical problems/fault finding
- Cost saving i.e. What changes can be implemented to save costs on products without compromising quality
- Improving product quality and processes
- Maintenance and continual updating of product histories in system
- Improvements in ergonomics to minimise employee fatigue and maximise outputs at high quality levels
- Industrial/Process Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Degree or BTech
- Continuous Improvement Practises Experience
- Grade 12
- Production experience (will be an added advantage)
Should you be interested, please submit your application to Lebogang Moropyane (011 928 2383) or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th December 2023.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.