The work and responsibilities of the Test Centre Manager will cover a range of departmental management activities, including inter alia the following duties:
- To manage the operational activities of the Test Centre where LV tests are performed in the Test Laboratory and high current tests up to 65kA are done in the Test Station.
- Be responsible for or participate in compiling and updating of test specifications and procedures used in the Test Centre
- Ensure that the appropriate test methods and procedures are used to achieve the required accuracy and repeatability in testing a range of product parameters.
- Plan and control daily work schedules of the Test Centre.
- Ensure that equipment and instruments are maintained in good order
- Participate in the development or upgrading of test systems and procedures, to meet product demands
- Participate in failure diagnostic processes as required for customer support and to support CBI production requirements.
- Conduct regular maintenance and technical audit inspections of equipment and facilities used in the department.
- Apply the prescribed company security and housekeeping rules
- Ensure that staff adheres to all health and safety regulations when operating tools, instruments and equipment.
- To maintain the required level of competency of Test Centre and Test Laboratory staff.
- To maintain a Quality Management System meeting the requirements of ISO 17025 and ISO 9001.
The suitable candidate must have:
- BTech or Nat Dipl in Electrical Engineering;
- At least 5-year experience in a similar environment;
- Managerial and administrative abilities;
And preferably have:
- Knowledgeable in the safe use of high voltage (HV) and low voltage (LV) systems
- Thorough knowledge of low voltage switchgear standards;